Criteria for MH Qazi Award for Innovation in Health Professions Education
The MH Qazi Award for innovation in Health Professions Education (HPE) has been established by the University of Lahore, primarily to promote health professions education in Pakistan. The award is awarded to person/persons, institution/institutions, governmental or non-governmental organization/organizations, who or which has/have made a significant contribution to health professions education in Pakistan.
The award aims at rewarding work that has extended far beyond the call of normal duties of a person or organization. It is not intended as an award for mere performance of duties normally expected of a person or organization. In order to be eligible for the award, a person or organization must demonstrate significant contribution to health professions education in Pakistan, beyond the scope of normal/regular responsibilities of the person/organization expected from him/her. The Award is intended for an individual, organization, program, project, or practice that show significant impact on health professions education globally and/or in Pakistan in one or more of the following capacities.
- The person/organization demonstrates innovation in HPE, that is unique, novel, or creative in addressing
HPE challenges in Pakistan/globally.
- Plays a leadership role in HPE that leads to a significant change in HPE in Pakistan/globally.
- Shows a significant impact on the professionalization of HPE in Pakistan/globally.
- Conducts research that has significant impact on HPE in Pakistan/globally.
- Advocates and supports HPE that lead to the promotion of the field in HPE institutions and other similar
Terms and Conditions:
- The award is intended for Pakistani Nationals and Organizations/HPE projects in Pakistan only.
- The award is awarded once in a year and is subject to the availability of the deserving candidate, as
decided by the Awards Committee, constituted by The University of Lahore.
- The person/organization must formally apply for the award on prescribed forms.
- One submission may be submitted per member, per team, and per organization annually.